What a year this week has been, right? And it’s still going.
I’m hard-refreshing every few minutes too, staring at Nevada, Georgia, Pennsylvania, and Arizona like I never had in my life. What gave me much-needed, genuine laughs-out-loud this morning: this, this, this, this, and this. People are great.
Keep the faith, friends, and sip your coffee, go on a walk, wave to neighbors no matter what signs are in their yard, and read a novel. Oh, and living room dance party sessions are good, too. Blow off that steam.
Autumn-colored vineyards in Hessigheim, Germany. #
5 Quick Things ☕️
1. On Tuesday I shared some election day encouragement that holds true no matter what day it is (and like always, I wrote this because I needed it myself).
2. A little reminder, in case you missed it the first time around, that this is a really good show worth watching (especially times like now).
3. “If your guy ends up losing, you can lessen your suffering with a few straightforward practices. And if your guy won, you have it within your power to show grace and make things easier on your friends and neighbors who voted the other way, thus making American life a little better for all of us.” Solid advice.
4. If even Cal Newport is saying this about productivity right now, I feel better about my week.
5. And just because we all need something like this right now, behold Vermont from above. Beautiful.
“The ballot is stronger than the bullet.”
― Abraham Lincoln #
Time Machine ⏰
Six years ago, Katherine wrote about whataboutery.
Advent Countdown: 23 Days! ✨
I can hardly believe it’s just a few weeks until it’s finally Advent... (maybe because I’ve been thinking about Advent so much this year? 😉). I think we could ALL use a holiday focus re-shift — if you’re in that boat, join our new Shadow & Light Advent Community. Here you can help us spread the word about S&L and find encouragement to make your 2020 holidays meaningful. Head here for details.
Have a good weekend,
p.s. Miss travel? Me too. Rick Steves’ archives have been helpful these days.